Mimmo (Domenico) Parente received the laurea degree cum laude in Computer Science in 1987 from the University of Salerno.
In 1993 he received the Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Naples.
From 1991 to 1998 he was researcher of the Dipartimento of Informatica ed Applicazioni of Università of Salerno.
From november 1998 to 2004 he was Associate Professor. Since 2005 he is full professor of University of Salerno.
He has been several times at the Institute of Technical Cybernetics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, visiting prof. Jozef Gruska.
In 1992, he was for a year at the Boston University, USA, visiting prof. P. Gacs. The visit was supported by a grant from the National Research Council (CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche).
He is member of
- the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM),
- the Institute of Electrical andElectronics Engineers (IEEE),
- the European Association forTheoretical Computer Science (EATCS),
- the Italian Association for Logic Programming (GULP)
- and of the Gruppo Nazionale per il Calcolo Scientifico (GNCS).
He is also involved in the Italian Group of Logic in Computer Science and in the Algorithmic Game Theory and Micro Economics group (AGATE).
He is the one of the principal investigator of the tool graded-CTL Nu-SMV.